The payload is made with foam, then protected with flashy orange tape for maximum visibility (in the air and on the ground).
A label explaining it is harmless, with contacts details is outside and inside the box.
The payload contain:
- Raspberry Pi Model A
- Some unused connectors have been removed (RCA..)
- Running Raspbian
- MicroSD 8GB
- SD to microSD adapter
to limit the risk of the regular SD to be moved away of the slot.
- Additional capacitor (more details provided in a future post)
- default 3.3V regulator (could be improved for a future flight)
- USB Hub
- 2 x Prolific PL2303 USB toSerial for Radio and GPS.
- Raspberry onboard serial interface on GPIOs used for administrative tasks.
- GPS UBLOX MAX-7Q
- Can go over the 18 Km CoCom limit
- Commands sent to enable the “Flight mode”
- Radio Radiometrix NTX2 434.650 MHz
- Homemade quater wave ground plane antenna
- 3G USB Key Huawei K3565 used to send coordinates by SMS on the ground
- Relay to control power of 3G/SMS USB Key (powered only after burst and under 2000m)
- Raspberry PI Camera - 5MP
- Canon A590IS - 8MP
- Battery Romoss 5V / 5200 mAh
- Braided Nylon Cord 1mm
Required by French Civil Aviation Authority / ICAO - Separation force limit 230 N
Comments are closed.